Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Welcome to Radio Hour

I've complained before about being stuck in a place where the only things I'm listening to are things I work on. It's not a bad thing, since I tend to work on music I love and if it isn't I try to make it something I love. That said, I tend to lose perspective after a while and I always need someone to pull me out of that situation. This is why I was so excited to get an email from my friend Josh which included a link to his recent podcast on radiohour.org entitled "Josue is Okay".


I implore you to download it and any other Radio Hour podcasts from the archive. It's quite a scene. The creator of Radio Hour, the lovely and talented John Reed, has crafted over a dozen brilliant one-hour collections for you to check out, while his contributors add their own personal touch to their respective podcasts. It is one of those "from Captain Beefheart to Django Reinhardt" situations, but it works without alienating the uninformed listener. There's no obscurity for obscurities sake, only well crafted and totally listenable/enjoyable sets of new and old music.

Click HERE to check it out for yourself.

No comments: