Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Travis DeVries' album "Death to God" Coming Soon

Though the release date is yet to be official, Travis DeVries' debut solo album "Death to God" is starting to get some airplay on KEXP. I am assured by my friend at Noise on Noise Records that it will be released this spring.


Some may find it funny that once Travis and I decided to make solo albums, we also decided to have the rest of The Turn-ons perform on them, but can you really blame us? You can hear me, Corey, Will, and the magnificent return of Sharon Oshima on "Death to God" filling out Travis's strongest song writing to date. Travis told me he's got a band together in NYC and the show dates are starting to pop up on his Myspace page (you want to go to there).

This album took a really long time to finish, mainly because of the wealth of material Travis presented for consideration. Travis's sometimes overwhelming desire for perfection added a few weeks to the process, but always for the greater good. In the end, I think we put together a beautiful and haunting piece of music that's going to demand recognition.

1 comment:

Joe said...

Yay! Can't wait to hear this!